Rob Scott intro into Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) with Kubernetes. Setting up a CI/CD pipeline on top of Kubernetes will speed up your release life cycle — enabling you to release multiple times a day – and enable nimble teams to iterate quickly.
Kubernetes’ zero-downtime deployment capability relieves anxieties about maintenance windows, making schedule delays and downtime a thing of the past.
Article focus is on:
- How Kubernetes simplifies CI/CD
- Set of complementary tools
- Draft from Microsoft which targets developer workflows
- Helm project serving as Kubernetes package manager
- Skaffold from Google enabling new development workflow
- Spinnaker open source Continuous Delivery platform was developed by Netflix to handle CD operations at high scale
This is short intro and part of the larger story which you can download as free ebook from The New Stack web site. Nice summary![Read More]