Queirozf.com published this straight to the point tutorial describing how to use Amazon Web Services CodePipeline to deploy and build your app automatically when it is stored on Github as a Docker-based Beanstalk application.
Roughly speaking, CI/CD amount to having an automatic pipeline that compiles, builds, tests and optionally deploys your project every time a new version is finished. This goes hand in hand with philosophies such as agile development and microservices architectures.
Tutorial then describes:
- AWS CodePipeline consisting of 3 parts
- Config files for build definition
- A file specifying where to fetch the Docker image file, which you will use on ElasticBeanstalk
- How to setup CodePipeline pipeline
- How to create a repository for your Docker images on AWS ECR
- How to configure Buildspec.yml and Dockerrun.aws.json
Article also lists other resources to help you with the task in your hands.[Read More]