Serverless computing is at the precipice of enterprise shift towards containers and microservices. 2021 presents some exciting opportunities to finally board the ship. By Tauseef Khan.
Serverless computing is redefining the way organizations develop, deploy, and integrate cloud-native applications. According to an industry report, the market size of serverless computing is expected to reach 7.72 billion by 2021. A new and compelling paradigm for the deployment of cloud applications, serverless computing is at the precipice of enterprise shift towards containers and microservices.
The main ideas in the article:
- The “pay-as-you-go” backend
- 2021 is the year of FaaS
- Serverless addresses problems with traditional cloud models
- Serverless computing looks a lot more promising in 2021
- Serverless is the most exciting thing in computing right now
- Serverless is still not the “go-to” method of application deployments
- The market of serverless computing
- Serverless will eventually replace cloud computing
Serverless computing is a natural evolution from traditional cloud computing but the former is still in infancy as a technology to replace its older cousin. While the pros are already outnumbering cons, the use-cases of successful serverless applications are still scant. Only a handful of major corporations are invested in the technology to drive adoption and raise confidence. Excellent info here![Read More]