Piotr Mińkowski wrote this article about one very interesting framework dedicated for microservices architecture, which is becoming increasing popular –- Quarkus.
It is being introduced as a next-generation Kubernetes/Openshift native Java framework. Built on top of well-known Java standards like CDI, JAX-RS and Eclipse MicroProfile which distinguishes it from Spring Boot.
The article describes:
- Building REST-based application with input validation
- Communication between microservices with RestClient
- Exposing health checks (liveness, readiness)
- Exposing OpenAPI/Swagger documentation
- Running applications on the local machine with Quarkus Maven plugin
- Testing with JUnit and RestAssured
- Deploying and running Quarkus applications on Minishift using source-2-image
Also describes some different approaches when deploying Quarkus application on OpenShift. Very interesting![Read More]