In this series of posts we are going to go deeper on the new structure and core concepts of Ionic 4 and explore more advanced topics. Author also believes that the few structural changes that were made in Ionic 4 are a big win for the framework. By Agustin Haller.
The big thing about web components is encapsulation, this has a lot of benefits, but also enforce you to follow a more strict interface, leaving behind the anarchy and flexibility of Ionic 3 non web component elements.
The article then dives deep into Ionic and describes:
- A big step forward towards the future of the web: Web Components
- Styling Ionic 4 components
- Customizing Ionic 4 components
- Getting started with Stencil
- Creating a Web Component with Stencil
- Building a multi-color SVG icon web component
Plenty of code examples with detailed explanation also provided. And they also released Ionic 5 full starter app? It’s an ionic 5 template that you can use to jump start your Ionic app development and save yourself hundreds of hours of design and development. Super exciting![Read More]