This article is part of Demystifying AI, a series of posts that (try to) disambiguate the jargon and myths surrounding AI. By Ben Dickson.
Before becoming too excited about advances in computer vision, it’s important to understand the limits of current AI technologies. While improvements are significant, we are still very far from having computer vision algorithms that can make sense of photos and videos in the same way as humans do.
The article focuses on:
- Commercial applications of computer vision
- Image search
- Image editing and enhancement
- Facial recognition applications
- Data efficient home security
- Interacting with the real world
- Advanced applications of computer vision
- Medical image processing
- Playing games
- Cashier-less stores
- Creepy applications of computer vision
- Autonomous weapons
… and much more. Worth to notice that renowned computer scientist and AI researcher Stuart Russell has founded an organization dedicated to stopping the development of autonomous weapons. Good read![Read More]