There are many database technologies available on Azure that you can choose from. Why would you use Azure SQL. By Davide.
Azure SQL is the relational and post-relational database that I’d like to say has “batteries included”. I borrowed that term from Python, one of my preferred languages, and that’s also the main reason why it is a great database for developers.
The article then explains:
- Post-Relational features for the modern apps
- Complete storage control and abstraction with Columnstore and Rowstore
- Ultra-high concurrency with Lock-Free Memory-Optimized tables
- Time Traveling with “As-Of” queries
- Encryption, Masking and Row-Level Security
- Blocking and Non-Blocking Transactions
- Complete Monitorability and Full Insights
.. and more. Azure SQL has drivers support for all the most common languages be it C#, Java, Python, Node or Go. With .NET the newly released Microsoft.Data.SqlClient is the way to go, open source and backward compatible with System.
And just because Azure SQL in SQL server are just different twins, everything you will use on Azure SQL it will be easily usable on SQL Server which runs on Windows, but also on Linux and even on Edge devices. A database that spans from the cloud to the edge. Good read![Read More]